I am sure that if in a church service we took the time to share blessings of life that we have encountered the list would be tremendous. I love holidays. I always have. There seems to be something wonderful and phenomenal that takes place during this time. Holidays bring out the best in most folk or the very worse of a few others.
Thanksgiving is my pet peeve. It seems that we go straight from Halloween to Christmas and not much emphasis is placed on Thanksgiving. Yet, the other day I found this little Bible study and as I did some research on my own, this is the conclusion: there is more said in the Bible about
Thanksgiving than Christmas and Easter combined not discounting the absolute relevance of each of them. The Birth of Christ and the Resurrection of Christ are the foundation of our faith and Gospel. Yet from day to day living, thanksgiving is a daily condition of our heart. I live in light of the Resurrection and always celebrate Christmas but Thanksgiving is an everyday business.
So let’s do the study. By it, we all might just be blessed.
THANKSGIVING – PRAISE BIBLE STUDY
This is just a simple search through the Scriptures for different ways and things to give thanks and praise for. It is intended to help you get motivated to improve your praise life.
Just look up the Bible verses in each one and complete the answers.
- Psalm 95:2 says to come before the presence of the Lord with what? _____
- When giving thanks to God, we should make known what? 1 Chronicles16:8 His _____.
- According to I Chronicles 16:34 we should give thanks to the Lord because He is _____ and His _____ endures forever.
- I Chronicles 16:35 says give thanks to _____.
- Psalm 30:4 says to give thanks to the Lord at the remembrance of His what? _____.
- 1 Corinthians 15:57 says “But thanks be to God, which gives us what?_____
- 2 Corinthians 2:14 says we should give thanks to God because He always causes us to do what? _____
- Psalm 42:11 says, “I shall praise him, who is the health of” what? _____
- In Psalm 63:3 why does it say “my lips shall praise thee”? Because _____
- What kind of lips should we praise with? Psalm 63:5_________________
- What does Psalm 9:1 tell us to praise God with? _____ _____
- According to I Thessalonians 5:18, we should give thanks because it is the _____ of God.
- In Hebrews 13:15 how often should praise be given to God? _____
- Psalm 148:13 says to praise the Lord because His name is what? _____
- 2 Corinthians 9:15 says, “Thanks be to God for His _____ Gift.
Growing up in the simple life of Summers County, my grandmother planned out our Thanksgiving meal with lots and lots of love and devotion. Turkey and the trimmings, sugar cured Country Ham and pies! Lots and lots of them. Apple, pumpkin, cherry and lemon. Why lemon, I have no clue just momma wanted it. It was my brother Arthur’s favorite I guess.
Looking back on it all, it was the planning that was most important. So let me leave us with this one thought. Plan your Thanksgiving….daily!